Monday, May 24, 2010

Life...

Tonight for FHE we learned about faith. We also practiced the song "Faith" from the primary songbook. This was so relevant to me, in the midst of my latest 'heightened anxiety'!

Faith is knowing the sun will rise lighting each new day
Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray
Faith is like a little seed If planted, it will grow
Faith is a swelling within my heart When I do right I know

I know the Lord will not take away my problems, but He will give me the tools to handle them. Sometimes I think if we just have a small amount of faith and give all that we can give, the Savior will make up the difference. I know that my faith is no where near Alma or Nephi's but I am giving all I can right now! Tonight as I taught that lesson to my children I thought about how easy the gospel is... whenever we are struggling and in the midst of difficult times we need to get back to the basics that are taught in primary.

3 comments:

  1. Hey sister, I found you on MMB, and I'm your first follower! Woohoo! I too suffer from anxiety and I use the gospel to keep me on the ground. It's definitely the best medicine for anything. I'm excited to read more posts of how you deal with it because I'm sure it'll be a great help for me too.
    Come to my blog at http://kamiandpeter.blogspot.com, I hope I can help you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wandered over from MMB. Glad to know about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via MMB. What a great post too. Getting back to the basics is all it takes.

    ReplyDelete