Friday, September 11, 2009

Running...

I am not a person who professes to love running. I might go so far as to say I hate it! But since the birth of my last child almost 8 months ago. I have been a little less than enthused about my body. I now have the mommy tummy, fat pack, pooch, roll, bulge whatever you want to call it! I started running 6 months ago after my recovery from my C-section and I mainly power walked for about 3 months. I decided one day that instead of running so I could look good and get all those sought after post baby compliments like "ooooh you are so skinny, did you ADOPT?" I would run for myself as a sort of therapy-like time. So I get my iPod on with Hannah Montana and church pop (don't hate) and run. It's hard to describe how my evolution from hate has become something I love. Today 7 months and 20 days after the birth of my 4th child I am back to my pre-prego weight!!! I am so proud of myself! I still have the pooch (in smaller form) And I can say... I accomplished something and worked my butt off (literally) to do it! Call it a runners high but I actually enjoyed running today!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I also run irregulary, and have yet to experience this elusive runner's high.

    ReplyDelete