Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Compassion

Today while on facebook I saw a good friend write about how her mother was headed into surgery... I did not think much of it. Later when I logged back on I saw that her mother had passed away. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. I started to cry and hurt because I could only imagine what it would be like to lose your mother.

Here I am hours later thinking and contemplating what pain she is experiencing and how radically different her life will be without her mother. I started to think about our Savior's love for us. If I hurt this bad for a friend of mine whom I have not seen in years how does He feel when we hurt? I know He loves us so much more than we are capable of loving each other. Today I am grateful for the plan of happiness. I am grateful for the sweet peace the gospel brings. It is in times like these that we truly see the blessing the gospel brings to us and the happiness we can find in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment